Open call for New BFE Committee Member
The British Forum for Ethnomusicology seeks nominations for election for an open position on the BFE Committee. There is no specific portfolio or specialist requirement for the role; it is anticipated that prospective candidates will indicate in their proposal statement the area/s that they would be keen to work in.
It is vital for the future of the BFE that we have a strong Committee so please do consider nominating yourself. We are looking for committed committee members who will make an important contribution to the day-to-day running and future development of the BFE. In line with our equality ambitions as a subject association, we welcome nominations that will help the Committee reflect the diversity of our membership and discipline.
General responsibilities of Committee members include:
- attending 2-3 BFE Committee meetings each year
- engaging proactively in BFE business
- contributing creatively to BFE strategies and initiatives
- engaging in regular email communication with the Committee
- writing short reports on BFE activities for the annual Chair’s Report
- participating, when necessary, in working groups on specific BFE tasks
If you wish to stand for election you must be nominated by one BFE member and seconded by another. Please send a proposal of no more than a single side of A4, which will be forwarded to the BFE membership by email and our list serve prior to voting. Include:
- Your name and a contact address
- Your current employment
- The names of the BFE members who have nominated and seconded your candidacy (it is not necessary for the nominators to email the Chair separately about the nomination)
- Length of time you have been a BFE member
- A statement outlining why you think you are suitable for being a member of the BFE Committee, highlighting relevant skills, experience, or previous time served on the Committee
Nominations must be sent by email to Byron Dueck (chairbfe.org.uk (chairbfe.org.uk)) by the end of Friday 18th June 2021.
In order to vote you need to be a current member of BFE, so please renew your membership for 2021 if you have not done so already. Online voting will take place soon after the deadline for nominations and the results will be announced at the next AGM, which is scheduled to be held during the 2022 Annual Conference hosted by the Open University.