Call for New BFE Conference Liaison
Deadline for Expressions of Interest: 1st March 2024
The British Forum for Ethnomusicology seeks expressions of interest for the election of a conference liaison on the BFE Executive Committee. This is to replace the outgoing conference liaison from April 2024.
It is vital for the future of the BFE that we have a strong Committee so please do consider nominating yourself. We are looking for committed committee members who will make an important contribution to the day-to-day running and future development of the BFE. In line with our equality ambitions as a subject association, we welcome nominations that will help the Committee reflect the diversity of our membership and discipline.
General responsibilities of committee members include:
- attending 2-3 BFE Committee meetings each year
- engaging proactively in BFE business
- contributing creatively to BFE strategies and initiatives
- engaging in regular email communication with the Committee
- writing short reports on BFE activities for the annual Chair’s Report
- participating, when necessary, in working groups on specific BFE tasks
Specific Roles for the Conference Liaison
- Serving on the local arrangements committees for the BFE’s annual and autumn conferences, as well as other events/study days run by the BFE or in collaboration with other organisations.
- Being the first point of contact for any matters relating to BFE conferences and events.
- Representing the BFE at the January BFE–RMA Research Students’ Conference, at meetings of the RMA Flagship Conferences Subcommittee (2 or 3 per year), and through regular correspondence with the RMA and other subject associations (e.g., SEM, Analytical Approaches to World Music, Société Française d’Ethnomusicologie).
- Providing oral reports on conference activities at BFE committee meetings.
Expressions of interest should include the following:
- A CV
- A 300 word statement detailing your relevant experience and skills for the role
Expressions of interest should be sent to Matthew Machin-Autenrieth (matthew.machin-autenriethabdn.ac.uk ()) and copied to Morgan Davis (adminbfe.org.uk ()) by 1st March 2024.