Call for New BFE Committee Member
The British Forum for Ethnomusicology seeks nominations for election for a new position on the BFE Committee. This role is intended to consolidate and develop the BFE’s current outreach activities.
It is vital for the future of the BFE that we have a strong Committee so please do consider nominating yourself. We are looking for committed committee members who will make an important contribution to the day-to-day running and future development of the BFE. In line with our equality ambitions as a subject association, we welcome nominations that will help the Committee reflect the diversity of our membership and discipline.
General responsibilities of Committee members include:
- attending 2-3 BFE Committee meetings each year;
- engaging proactively in BFE business;
- contributing creatively to BFE strategies and initiatives;
- engaging in regular email communication with the Committee;
- writing short reports on BFE activities for the annual Chair’s Report;
- participating, when necessary, in working groups on specific BFE tasks.
The specific role for a committee member in this election round is:
This role includes:
- Working with the Committee and the membership to develop and deliver sustainable outreach initiatives.
- Liaising with relevant subject associations and other academic organisations to advocate for the BFE and to develop fruitful partnerships.
If you wish to stand for election you must be nominated and seconded by two BFE members. Please send a proposal of no more than a single side of A4, which will be forwarded to the BFE membership by email and our list serve prior to voting. This proposal must include:
- your name and a contact address;
- your current employment;
- the names of the BFE members who have nominated and seconded your candidacy (it is not necessary for the nominators to email the Chair separately about the nomination).
- length of time you have been a BFE member;
- the specific role - from the two roles listed above - you would like to be nominated for;
- a statement outlining why you think you are suitable for being a member of the BFE Committee, highlighting relevant skills, experience, or previous time served on the Committee.
Nominations must be sent by email to Simon McKerrell (BFE Chair) chairbfe.org.uk (chairbfe.org.uk) by the end of Friday 7th June 2019.
In order to vote you need to be a current member so please renew your membership for 2019 if you have not done so already. Online voting will take place soon after the deadline for nominations and results will be announced shortly afterwards. We look forward to hearing from you!
Simon McKerrell, BFE Chair