Dear BFE members,
The British Forum for Ethnomusicology seeks nominations for election to BFE Committee.
We are looking for a committed committee member who will make an important contribution to the running of the BFE. A specific role for the new committee member will be agreed by the Committee after the election is completed.
In order to stand for election you must be nominated by a BFE member (other than yourself) and your nomination must also be seconded by a second BFE member.
- attending 2-3 BFE Committee meetings each year;
- engaging actively in Committee business
- contributing to BFE strategies and initiatives
- staying in email contact with the Committee;
- take on a specific role (as required) on the Committee
If you wish to stand you must send a proposal of no more than a single side of A4, which will be forwarded to the BFE membership prior to voting, and includes:
- Your name
- Your current position
- The names of two BFE members, one who has agreed to nominate you and one who has agreed to second the nomination.
- A statement outlining why you think you are suitable for being a member of the BFE Committee, highlighting relevant skills and experience that you have.
Nominations must be sent by email to the BFE Chair, Barley Norton chairbfe.org.uk by the end of Monday 3 October 2016.
Online voting will take place from Monday 10 October to Monday 17 October and results will be announced after the online voting is completed.
Chair, British Forum for Ethnomusicology